"Curl By Individual Curl" – just one of the exclusive skills taught within The Curl Institute Membership ($147/year)
“In just 52 minutes, discover why my curly clients are begging to pay a premium for an earlier slot in my fully booked, multi 7-figure salon.”
What makes The Curl Institute the best curly hair training in the world? “There is really no magic about it — it is merely 26-years of being double- and triple-booked behind the chair,” says Melanie Nickels, Co-founder of The Curl Institute.
1. “In just 52 minutes, discover why my curly clients are begging to pay a premium for an earlier spot in my fully booked, multi 7-figure salon,” Melanie said, fully aware of the gravity of her statement. This 52 minute training on one of the skills that she teaches to her members is meant as an introduction to curly hair styling, The Curl Institute, and even to Melanie herself.
2. Melanie has a right to be confident – she has meticulously designed a complete, professional system for cutting, coloring and styling all the specific textures, thicknesses and types of curly hair in for use in popular, busy salons.
3. Melanie has spent over 26 years behind the chair, and 16 of those has been exclusively working as a Curly Hair Specialist – many days working extra hours, shifts all while being double & triple booked with happy return curly clients from around the world. Suffice to say, few stylists in the US can match the number of curly heads she's worked on. This sheer amount of practical knowledge offers unique and very valuable insights into building a successful stylist income.
4. Curls can be... somewhat difficult to manage. There are many factors for this, and I can begin to list them here: humidity levels, chemical buildup from hair products, hard water, hot temperatures, cold temperatures, length of hair, weight of hair, thickness of hair, texture of hair, curl type, etc. Now, this is a lot to unpack and understand, even for an experienced stylist – and this is why Melanie has created the Curly Hair Mastery Workshop training and provides it exclusively to all The Curl Institute members, at no charge to them.
5. One of the most surprising factors for curly hair being difficult to cut, color and style is that many people have more than 1 curl type on their head. As a matter of fact, it's very common to work with a client that has 2, 3, or even 5 different curl types on the same head! This is one of the primary reasons why many stylists are faced with the challenge of creating consistent and reliable results with curly hair clients. Melanie understands this well, and her passion for training stylists is the exact reason she created The Curl Institute.
6. Based on the 2018 Texture Trends Report by NaturallyCurly, over 65% of the US population has textured hair. That means that out of the estimated 335.4 million people inside the United States, over 218 MILLION of them have either wavy, curly or coily hair. The potential demand for curly, textured hair training bigger than ever before
7. Based on the 2018 Texture Trends Report by NaturallyCurly, about 65% of Americans possess "textured hair", characterized as wavy, curly, or coily. Yet, numerous individuals with this hair type claim they lack fair access to licensed professional stylists that are actually good at styling their hair. The Curl Institute trains and certifies stylists to cater to these very specific textured hair needs.
8. The majority of beauty schools do not provide specialized training on curly, textured hair.
9. According to a recent annual Professional Beauty Association industry survey, for every 45,000 people that have "textured" hair, there is only one professionally trained curly stylist with the skills to cut and style them. This invariably means that the ONE curly hair specialist can enjoy being the center of attention for at least 45,000 individuals that are just looking for a fair shake with their hair style. The underlying purpose of The Curl Institute aims to solve this issue once and for all -- so stylists can affordably serve the massive, and truly underserved curly hair market within the United States.
10. This combination of facts leads to many who have wavy, curly or coily hair to adopt a sort of "love-hate" relationship with their hair. "I HATE my curls," they may say to themselves as they look onto their morning hair in the mirror.
1 Naturally Curly | "Curl Disconnect" - https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curls/curl-disconnect-are-retailers-meeting-the-need-of-the-textured-hair-consumers
2 BASF | https://www.basf.com/us/en/media/featured-articles/Products/Textured.html
3 Curly Hair Specialist shortage: https://www.formulate.co/journal/p/curly-hair-specialists